Module reviews are sometimes useful for those who are seeking to take a particular module, but are unsure of
whether they’ll get slaughtered (hoho) by the bell curve how difficult the module is or what the module actually is about beyond the brief description offered.
In reading through the average person’s review, they can then get an idea and guesstimate/aggarate/approximate how they would fare in that module or whether it sounds like something they like.
Although I’m no old bird (more like fresh meat) Because I’m a half-cooked pigeon not popular now an old man, writing a module review helps me to clear my thoughts about how a module went, and perhaps in the process may be of help to others as well.
Each module will have both a general description of ‘what I expected’ vs ‘what I got’ in the module that describes the module’s contents, before a short bit about how one is assessed and what workload was encountered. Finally, an expected grade vs actual grade along with an optional ‘tips’ section will round off each module review.
Other module reviewers!
I’ve written about other module reviewers before, but in case you’ve not checked them out, the following list here might be useful. They often cover modules from other majors that I’ve not taken before and might even have had a different experience with a module which I have reviewed before, so do please check them out! (Last updated 16th June ’18, some reviews may be outdated but I guess they’ll still be archived on their respective blogs.)
- Module reviews by Pong (Global Studies & Geography major, mac’d in 16/17)
- Module reviews by Ena (Global Studies/GL major, mac’d in 15/16).
- Module reviews by ??? (Business Administration major, mac’d in 14/15)
- Module reviews by SpaceNeko (Literature & Japanese Studies major, mac’d in 14/15)
- Module reviews by Eugene (Life Science major, mac’d in 14/15)
- Module reviews by Min Han (Chemical Engineering major, mac’d in 13/14)
- Module reviews by Christina (?? major, mac’d in 12/13)
Other reviewed academic things
Index of Reviewed Modules
Year 1 (AY 15/16)
- PS1101E: Introduction to Politics
- PS2238: International Politics of Northeast Asia
- GET1008: Public Speaking and Critical Reasoning
- GET1026: Effective Reasoning
- EC1101E: Introduction to Economic Analysis
- PS2237: Introduction to International Relations
- PS2234: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PS2255: Politics of the Middle East
- GER1000: Quantitative Reasoning
- JS1101E: Introduction to Japanese Studies
Year 2 (AY 16/17)
- PS2257: Contemporary African Politics
- PS3240: International Security
- PS3271: Public Policy Making
- GET1032: Building Relationships: Theories and Practice
- EU1101E: Making of Modern Europe
- CFG1010: Roots And Wings – Personal and Interpersonal Effectiveness 1.0
- PS3238: International Political Economy
- PS3272: International Relations of Sub-Saharan Africa
- GL1101E: Global Issues
- GL2102: Global Political Economy
- GEH1022: Geopolitics: Geographies of War and Peace
Year 3 (AY 17/18)
- PS3233: Political and International Ethics
- As of AY18/19, superceded/replaced by PS3311: International Ethics. Do look for the module code difference if you plan to take this module.
- PS3249: Singapore’s Foreign Policy
- PS3265: Civil Military Relations
- GL2103: Global Governance
- SW1101E: Social Work: A Heart-Head-Hand Connection
- PS2248: Chinese Politics
- PS3257: Political Inquiry
- PS4882I: Topics in IR: International Society
- GL2101: Origins of the Modern World
- GES1018: Singapore, Asia and American Power