A mixed week.
A late night…
How I’ve been…
- Sleep’s been insufficient.
- Got a back sprain so exercise was halted.
- A bad week work-wise.
- Yo-yo describes the week well. Both peaks and troughs.
- Aside from a couple of nice meetups with Charm and others, nothing much.
- A tough week. Small mercies nonetheless, but a rut.
- [What God’s taught me this week]: Watchfulness and persistence is key.
- A brother on several occasions troubled an old man, and said unto him, “What shall I do with the impure and wicked thoughts of divers kinds which force their way into me by various means?” The old man answered and said unto him, “Thou art like unto a cistern which hath been dug out, and which is sometimes full, but which, when a man cometh to draw water thereat, is found [to be dry]. Why dost thou not make thyself more like a fountain of water which is never without [water]? Persistence is victory, and victory is constancy, and constancy is life, and life is kingdom, and kingdom is God.”
- An old man used to say, “Satan is a twister of cords, and as long as thou givest him threads he will plait them”; now he spake this concerning the thoughts.
- Character improvements:
- Almost a standstill.
- Slightly similar to last week.
- Random thoughts:
- “Not bad…”
- Week ahead:
- 4 essays now. Will have to clear at least 2 by this week.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Purity of spirit (and heart).
- Strength for each new day.
- Joy in the work which needs to be done each day.