A tiring week.
I’ll be clearing readings tomorrow instead of tonight, so figured I’d clear this tonight instead.
It’s been a tiring but fulfilling week. At times extremely draining, at times fulfilling.
How I’ve been…
- Was getting on fine with ups when I woke up with a wonky (read: painful) arm after a nap. Not sure what caused it but it took a few days for it to recover.
- Sleep routine wasn’t much better compared to last week.
- A bit better than last week. Much was done.
- Mixed at best. Started out okay then slowly went up, up, up.
- Despite some downs, things went okay on Thursday for the most part.
- Crashed on Friday, slowly recovered on Saturday and Sunday somewhat.
- Always nice to meet new freshies – might be seeing one in the same tutorial class I’m going to be at. Great fun.
- No planned meetups, but plenty of opportunities to interact with new people. Felt meaningful that I got the chance to talk with them, even if it’s just for a bit.
- I notice that I’m particularly apt to spiritual downs after a spiritual high. Like the mountain and valley analogy – when one crashes, it’s a fairly bad crash.
- Out of that though, one does an analysis of why that happened and tries to reduce the probability of it recurring in the future. Regular sleep cycles are part of that.
- One also looks through the wreckage and improves on it so that less damage is done next time. And sometimes one finds a better way of doing things after going through the crash – that said, it’s def. not fun.
- Still, all this is part and parcel of carrying one’s cross. Also was encouraged when that was discussed in today’s sermon – much encouraged, that it is not in vain.
- And so, I continue forth on the path laid out for me.
- Character improvements:
- Some minor improvements, but nailbiting still remains a chore.
- Not much spent on them…a bit of anime, but not much.
- Nothing for music.
- Random thoughts:
- “I like what Lewis writes – ‘If we only have the will to walk, God is pleased with our stumbles.’ It’s like giving your two loaves and five fishes – if it’s all you have, it’s enough.”
- “A multitude of measures in place – grit, stand, and fight when those times come.”
- “I’m not getting any closer – indeed, one might even be getting further. The road is long, but I’m doing myself no favours making it longer.”
- “Yet that was not in vain…thankfully.”
- “Hmhm. Hm? Hm….hm. Ah well.”
- Week ahead:
- Going to catch up on as much work as possible for two days of being at camp.
- Also the first CG where freshies are coming – hopefully it goes well 🙂
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- A quiet heart to remain in God.
- Thoughtful mind – that I might dwell on higher things and always remember my own mortality.
- An open heart – to see what God has for me at the camp.