A better week.
It’s pretty late. Had no idea uploading six chordsheets would’ve taken so long but I’m glad it’s done. And this will be the first time in a long while I’m typing an RwR kind of on the correct night (it’s technically Monday morning now but since I haven’t slept I still count it as Sunday night…an extended Sunday night).
Been getting lots of interest in my module reviews because it’s bidding season. I’m glad – I just wish more stepped up to offer to write reviews. This is probably sustainable even after I graduate, but well, I’ve done my part to offer what little I can and make a Google Forms for it. The rest will be up to God, as usual.
Let’s get down to bizness~
How I’ve been…
- I cleared my IPPT during the week, but by like…one point. Apparently having a bad pushup posture cuts down like a third of the pushups one does so 60 at home became 20 there and I had a lot less room for a slack 2.4km run. 12:31 – nothing to be proud of, but it got the job done. Another year of peace~
- Somewhat regretfully, I haven’t been exercising much since I’ve passed it. I clearly haven’t ran enough – cramps for the next three days from my 2.4km but my arms were fine.
- Then a friend offered to give me, the skinny guy, a tour around the uTown gym and taught me how to do some arm exercises. It didn’t seem hard until the next day when my arms were gone. I actually wished they were numb so I wouldn’t feel how sore they were, but by golly they weren’t. Just goes to show much more one can go.
- I’ll be having quite a few classes in uTown next sem. Perhaps I will stop by that gym more frequently. It’s a bit lonely exercising alone though.
- This wasn’t a productive week by far, but it was much better than last week. I got major work done on…Thursday evening. Yeap. Major self-work.
- Also by and large I slacked a lot on Friday and Saturday but finally got off Overwatch. Funnily enough an anime about gambling helped me to make that connection – playing Overwatch on competitive without a full good team feels like one’s gambling their time to get a higher SR (since CS:GO is more clutch and skill-friendly) than OW) and usually losing.
- It remains to be seen how long I can keep this productive streak going for, but I always remember there’s a lot of other timesinks other than gaming. In essence, not doing something productive is basically the same as slacking. And once one gets something productive done, they’re surprised at how much time has passed and how much more they still wished they could do.
- Story of my holiday indeed.
- More ups than downs this week, I’m glad to report. These ups were the sustainable type – they came from reflection as opposed to social engagements.
- So yes, the downs were there. They most definitely were, and they were sharp at times. But this week also left me feeling better than last – perhaps because I actually got something done at last.
- Had quite a lot of social engagements/events this week…some enjoyable, others more corporate in nature. It was tiring but didn’t have much of an effect on other aspects of life.
- I felt like I’ve made some major minor growth. So not major major or minor minor but major minor. A big step forward in a week that looks small when looking at how much work remains.
- Partly due to getting some emotional work done, yes. Some major emotional work done – like a sixth of what I was supposed to accomplish, and the more questions one asks themselves and God the more questions come out.
- But also after hearing the testimonies of a visiting missionary who spoke recently – that was most encouraging. More than encouragement, lessons that needed to be taught were taught – for example, that of God’s patience. “God doesn’t push or pull or force us into submission – He waits to see our response.”
- In my case, I didn’t get the answer I was looking for, but an answer to another question. Lolwut. God has a sense of humor, it seems.
- Incidentally I was led to three videos this week. One was right to the kokoro, the other a good representation of God’s love and the third a humbling reminder of God’s grace.
- Character improvements:
- Some major minor progress as mentioned above.
- One step at a time – but time is running out.
- A lot less OW, a lot more drums due to playing for service.
- A lot more guitar too 🙂
- Random thoughts:
- “That guy animating that short clip knows me too well…too well…”
- “One can actually worship at home…!”
- “A new perspective on relationships. Wow.”
- “Is it my imagination…or is it over…?”
- “God calls one not just to be willing to lay down his life as a martyr if needed, but to lay down one’s whole life for Him. Not just the last five minutes before one is killed if that’s what happens, but every single step leading up to that moment. Carrying one’s Cross in this sense refers to always living for God, not just living for God in times of persecution. Which is a lot more difficult I’d imagine…”
- Week ahead:
- Going to be a busy few days ahead – need to get a lot more work done before – horror – school starts next week.
- Briefings to give and plan for…yup. A busy week indeed.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Diligence in working through work.
- Wisdom in knowing when to ask for an answer and when to question thyself.
- Patience to wait on God for one’s prayers.