A good week at camp and the end of Amino.
Pretty tired, but wanted to get this out tonight so here we go.
How I’ve been…
- As evidenced by the timecheck, sleep cycles aren’t that easy to maintain.
- Not much sleep was had during the FOC camp (for which I haven’t yet wrote the reflection), but it was not for naught.
- Haven’t ran yet though x.x, other fitness is fine.
- Was kept active throughout the week…not so much for the weekend.
- Productivity was high during the camp spiritually…continued somewhat as the week drew to a close.
- Ebbed and flowed throughout the camp, culminating in a difficult low on Saturday evening and blessed neutrality on Sunday morning.
- Had the opportunity to meet a few new people during the camp, which wasn’t too bad.
- Also got to catch up with an old church friend on Sunday – unexpected but not unwelcome.
- Really was challenged and grew significantly as a result during the camp.
- Amino-wise…had to make the difficult decision to leave there on grounds of prudent thought, but that also was a struggle which God eventually won out on.
- Good support systems helped immensely during and after the camp – the ‘spiritual high’ is not forgotten, but treasured.
- Character improvements:
- A definite improvement in areas outside of nailbiting. Hopefully this continues.
- A bit of Overwatch upon my return and some Insurgency, which isn’t too bad a game but gave some motion sickness. Got used to it over time though.
- Nothing on drums and guitar sadly, though I did get to play the guitar a bit when I brought it for the camp.
- Random thoughts:
- “It’s really difficult to sing these lyrics when my heart’s anguished about the right thing to do…but…I can do it by God’s strength and faith anyway…”
- “It’s like throwing a drug addict into a mountain of cocaine…he’ll enjoy it definitely for the short term, but in the long term it will destroy him…”
- “Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is to say no to what you want most, when it’s right in front of you, because you know itsa trap.”
- Week ahead:
- Some meetups for friends and work before packing for my ICT next week.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Diligence, for what needs to be done.
- Empathy, for getting the direction when leading others.
- Wisdom, to know who to ask.