A week of Amino, traveling and sightseeing.
One of the rare occasions when I’m actually typing this for the week before it goes to the next week. Doing this because I’ve gotta sleep early tonight – waking up early for camp tomorrow. So there we go.
How I’ve been…
- I hadn’t exercised much while on holiday, but fortunately managed to get back into some routines the day after I returned. Things didn’t look so bad after all~
- Haven’t ran yet, but I will probably be…soon.
- Sleep cycles have been holding steady since returning – let’s keep it that way.
- Brain became more engaged as the holiday drew to an end, and I had a very welcome “restart” as the week ended.
- Not as productive as I hoped to be on the second half of the trip or after I’ve returned, so more improvements required in this area.
- Pretty much were kept on an even keel for the rest of the holiday before some minor fluctuations over Friday and Saturday.
- After the…”reset”, though, or maybe “regaining of vision”, things improved dramatically coinciding with higher spiritual fulfillment.
- As the short summary states, most of the time on holiday was spent on Amino, and I’ve gotten to know a few acquaintances on that app.
- It was a good refresher to once again chat with online acquaintances whom one may never meet, but I soon was reminded that none of it will go anywhere.
- That doesn’t stop it from being a good way to kill time – but the question that then remained was why there was a need to kill time – especially when there was so much more I could be doing.
- And hence one comes back to the conclusion of needing greater discipline.
- [BGR]: Entertained briefly in my mind but was soon dismissed as I thought about the purpose of relationships, Priestess and what the purpose of solitude was.
- Things were…flat, for the most part as the holiday ended, leaving me with a distinct feeling of having wasted it to grow in my WwG.
- And they took a sharp dive on Friday and Saturday morning, but after a strange nap, I woke up renewed and, well, the best phrase would be ‘now I can see.’
- After that, there was a definite sense of improvement that has continued till now.
- Character improvements:
- Nailbiting continues to be a challenge, but one major aspect of my life seems to have been won. To use a cliched phrase, ‘God has won the ultimate victory in this aspect.’ Something like that.
- It’s a challenge to always be improving because of sloth’s enduring temptation – that, and the difficulty in mustering enough courage and strength to take the first step. But a strong belief in God paving one’s way if one is righteous does help tremendously.
- Some fun playing the guitar and various games upon return.
- Random thoughts:
- As C.S Lewis said, “Man is unaware of how bad he is until he tries his hardest to be really good.” Paraphrasing, of course.
- “Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” How true…how true.
- “I once was lost, but now am found – was blind, but now I see…” – there are two quotes that I like about sight and vision. One, by Matthew Henry – ‘None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see.’ And the second by Helen Keller – ‘The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.’
- Week ahead:
- Four days of VCF FOC camp again, followed by a working meeting the following evening. Looking to see what God has for me and who He wants me to talk with, about what, in this camp.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Humility to walk in His ways.
- Wisdom to speak His words.
- Strength to walk His steps.