A week online…
Earlier than when I usually type these, but two days late as usual…
Sleepy, so typing it first.
How I’ve been…
- Most regrettably, slept late and took naps for most of the week. Earliest I slept was at 2am, latest was at 4am several times.
- On other things…yeap, haven’t went for a run yet.
- Could be better – most of my mind was occupied with other things, and I’m afraid I didn’t get very much done despite the spirit being willing (so to speak).
- Come to think of it, it probably was much less than how it was last week.
- Things have been fluctuating – mainly because it’s been highs and lows throughout this week. Some early lows with middle highs before the week ended flatly.
- Nothing much happened irl this week, so most time was spent online on Amino.
- Lots of time wasted – I do think that there’s something to be shown for it, but unfortunately not that much. It could’ve been better spent towards other purposes.
- Sent a query to Guinevere but got blueticked, so I feel it’s the same ‘tried – if doors are to be opened, they won’t be done by me’ kind of logic again.
- [BGR]: Totally not on my mind this week – nothing can be found on Amino, and it’s something that seems further rather than closer.
- Arguably, more time spent online meant less time actually improving and growing in my WwG.
- I was given food for thought on Sunday – finally saw the purpose of sermons, because they’re like life lessons pre-packaged conveniently for one to consume and think about – but that was about it.
- How can one find something if they do not seek it…?
- Character improvements:
- The minor setback alternated between being minor and being major.
- But one thing’s certain: I feel the road to sanctification and all that is a lot longer than one realizes at the beginning of the journey. Yet it is always important to try, so that one day one may look back and realize how far they’ve traveled.
- Bit of Overwatch and CS:GO, more of the former than the latter with many bad games due to Blizzard’s terrible matchmaking in Quick Play.
- Did a bit of drums, little guitar, played for church service, no news on collab.
- Random thoughts:
- “The human mind is amazingly efficient in adopting new language which fits its purpose (slang) of explanation even though that did not exist in the past. In essence, all language is created (whether by humans or God is another question) and is given significance by those who speak it.” A constructivist perspective more or less.
- “Sometimes, it is okay to be quiet when one has nothing to say. A group conversation requires listeners as much as speakers, for if everyone is speaking, who will do the listening?”
- “Nothing will work unless I do. Sometimes that’s not the case of course, but I certainly should put in my fair share before blaming others.”
- “There are things which can be learnt online yet cannot be learnt in real life, and vice-versa. I need to strike a balance between both.”
- “The Prodigal Son was welcomed back, but many forget he humbled himself and repented….”
- Week ahead:
- Flying tomorrow. Will continue to have Net access (hopefully), but that’s more or less it until I return. Maybe I’ll get some undone work done during the holiday.
- Last checks before I poof.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Good health, since late nights have taken their toll on me.
- Journey mercy – safe trip to there, over there, and back from there.
- Strength to take the road God calls one to, not the easier path of illusions.