A week of oscillations.
Leaving for camp tomorrow so can’t procrastinate on this any longer.
How I’ve been…
- Suffered some setbacks on getting an early sleep cycle going. Notably on Saturday night (or rather Sunday morning) when I slept at 4am and rose at 11.30am – the quality of sleep really differs from sleeping early (not that I’d know, since it’s been so long since I slept early).
- Not much progress made on the other two, due to various reasons.
- Being productive has been easy at the start of the week and slightly more difficult as the week hit its middle portion. The end was better though.
- Amino is a great way to kill time – both productive and unproductive.
- It’s been a week of oscillation emotions – almost every day for the first four to five days brought some new development in various aspects that substantially affected my feelings.
- Things stabilized to some extent by the end of the week though – this definitely took some time, but some calm is nice.
- I had unexpected one meetup this week, so it was supposed to be my most productive week at home.
- Ever since I’ve discovered Amino, however, I’m finding some success in using online conversations and acquaintanceships to balance out being in one’s room for a good portion of the day. That and some other stuff led to me caring a lot less about the issue of Guinevere, so that’s cool.
- [BGR]: Nothing much this week save seeing some potentially disastrous relationships heading for a wreck on Amino. That has only reinforced my conviction that I am on that app for different purposes – mainly providing a listening ear to those who need it and advice for those that want it.
- Things oscillated more than I’d have liked this week as well – drifting/straying further from God at times and being drawn/reminded of the narrow door at others.
- I would call it a week of stagnation if it wasn’t for the uneven nature of my WwG this week, but that probably wouldn’t have been an inaccurate label.
- And yes, not appearing at church didn’t help much either. Will be remedied in the future.
- A few good quotes come to mind though: About productivity, fruits and service to others.
- Character improvements:
- Progress in nailbiting fluctuated greatly, but on the whole there seems to be definite progress.
- Other aspects – yep. Same as last week.
- Some time spent on CS:GO, perhaps less than last week. Lost GN2 on my social account after a couple of bad losses, holding steady for my solo account.
- Played a bit of Overwatch during the free weekend and bought the game. Might not play it much in the future but that’s alright – it’s fairly fun once ina while.
- Not much time spent on guitar or drums, but a collab may be forthcoming.
- Random thoughts:
- “Man can wash his hands, but only God can (wash the heart/make them clean).” That was a nice quote (source: Watashi) if I do say so myself.
- “There sure are a lotta kids and teens on Amino and not many the same age as me. Perhaps for good reason – the fickle and unpredictable nature of these online acquaintanceships leads to self-selection bias in how long something can actually last when neither party is committed. Maybe that’s a good thing.”
- “Oh….some that have fallen through the social cracks do end up finding communities and online bf/gfs on here. That’s not bad.”
- Week ahead:
- Will be at a CF camp from Tues through Thurs. Looking forward to it, curious to see what it is about.
- Once the camp’s over, perhaps a movie.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Wisdom for integrating vision of above and developing one’s own vision.
- Clarity of thought in priorities.
- Renewed thirst as the deer panteth for water.