One down, four to go…
Two hours past my time I was supposed to write an update. Well, not like I can write it on Tuesday night – will be revising for my Wednesday paper.
How I’ve been…
- My sleep cycles have been fairly even throughout Reading Week.
- Late and out of whack, but still getting sufficient sleep.
- Nothing much to report aside from needing to put in more time for exercising. There certainly are benefits to doing so.
- It’s been a challenge staying focused on revision throughout the past week, but more or less what needed to be done was done.
- Clearing one paper on Saturday was good – less things to remember. Clear RAM, input new data.
- Helped out on exam blessings on Monday. It went…about as well as one expected. Not much social interaction there.
- Tuesday was a relatively quiet day. Aside from one consult, nothing else.
- Same for Wednesday – another day spent at home.
- And Thursday, save attending a short conference about Christianity and loneliness that was…well, I did learn some things there, but it was as it is at these events with many new people – the usual guarded sharing.
- Friday…same. Computer for revision and at home.
- Paper on Saturday – didn’t see any familiar faces, came home directly after. And spent Sunday revising instead of going to church.
- Just as predicted – more work is needed in this aspect to remain steadfast in what needs to be done despite the lack of social interaction (or meaningful social interaction, if one wants to get nitpicky).
- [BGR]: During my infrequent visits to school, saw a lot of people studying solo/with friends and the few couples studying together. Alright, yea.
- Had a major breakthrough in thoughts about this during the Thurs evening talk though. The Parable of the Workers helped me to quell some of my ‘but why didn’t I get XYZ’ questions I had for God, and with that I had a clearer purpose.
- Pretty much followed my emotions with the exception it peaked on Thursday, then held steady until Sunday.
- It’s always cool to learn new things, just that all too often I get frustrated with how slowly I seem to be progressing and growing as a person.
- Accumulation of that makes one feel worn, hence the song.
- Character improvements:
- Still a work in progress. I hope to make more progress after my finals are over.
- A bit of guitar practice done, but not much.
- Some CS:GO, could’ve gone better.
- Nothing on drums.
- Random thoughts:
- “Watching Star Wars The Clone Wars/Rebels on Youtube is a horrible waste of time.”
- “Can’t wait for the new episode of the Walking Dead game to be out midway through my exams.”
- “Good habits = more needed.”
- Week ahead:
- Two papers and revision needs to be done for my last two papers after that.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Wisdom for the papers, self-discipline for the revision and for God to give me what I need in terms of grades.
- Renewed sense of purpose and God’s presence – to draw near as in James, and to be drawn near.
- Either for lighter burdens or for broader shoulders.