The last week of school before finals…
It’s pretty late, but I’ve procrastinated on this update long enough.
How I’ve been…
- It’s been about constant, broke 50 pushups recently and quite glad about it.
- Health has been still holding, though earlier nights wouldn’t hurt.
- It was a quiet week. Pretty much slacked through my last week without any assignments due so it wasn’t too stressful academically.
- It’s been a similar week to the previous week: Highs on the weekdays followed by lows on the weekends. More on this below.
- This video, though, really resonated with me. Aside from finding the song name of a earworm I had since I was young, it brought back memories…of a past I never had, yet wished for. There just seems to be something so carefree about being together with friends or classmates and doing whatever they’d like – the same could be said of college perhaps, but doesn’t seem to be the case in my experience. Maybe I should be more spontaneous.
- Monday to Wednesday saw preparation for the farewell CG on Thursday, which went quite well. About as well as one would expect, come to think of it. It did indeed feel sad to see the seniors who had been in my cell graduate, yet I think the last farewell was pretty meaningful.
- My highlight for the week was probably an hour-long meetup with Priestess. Incidentally I’ve told her about this blog and so it might be amusing to see the interactions (and reactions to the interactions) typed out but it’s alright. It was great to see her again after so long and I left the short meetup feeling recharged more than ever.
- Unfortunately plans for a meetup with Valkyrie and her friend fell through for Monday – same for plans with Pajamas on Friday because Friday was Good Friday. So…yea. It’s a pity.
- Then the weekends came, and they brought with them the usual blehness. Lack of interaction with friends, just one and their comp for pretty much the whole day. That’s probably when the week went downhill.
- [BGR]: I feel better to have told Priestess something I realized (or felt more accurately) recently – one’s female friends will, at the end of the day, return home to those they’re attached to. Which was something I wrote about in more detail in my last RwR. It still didn’t do much for feelings of loneliness, but some quotes helped over time.
- A final chat with Krist before she’s going for exchange next sem helped a lot as well. Encouraging…
- Character improvements:
- Needs more work. Needs more work.
- Had some fun on the guitar practicing.
- Not much on the drums.
- CS:GO was blehy.
- Random thoughts:
- “Is the library always this crowded around exam week?”
- “So many couples…wow, they’re pretty lucky to find two seats…”
- “Oh dang she didn’t come today. Oh. Oh well.”
- Week ahead:
- Reading Week. Aka revision week before finals begin.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Self-discipline for getting revision done before finals.
- Also to sleep early.
- Comfort for said feelings of tiredness and weariness.