The past few days have seen a lot of searches on my blog for stuff about Dreamweaver archiving for LiveJournal. Not sure why or how traffic has came but that’s cool.
Played drums for church over the past weekend. Links to uploads are below:
Also playing again for service this week so let’s see how it is…
SoTW: Adonai – Hillsongs
Timecheck: 1:15pm. Had a bit of free time in sch to write this before my 2pm class.
This is a new record – writing three days after my deadline =.=
Going to have to do better than that.
Anyway, here we go.
How I’ve been (for last week)…
- It’s been okay. Not keeping to my revised schedule as often as I’d like, but still managing to sustain daily ups.
- More sleep would always be good.
- Had a bit more stress than usual towards the end of last week as I was busy clearing/rushing work due to playing/slacking too much over Thurs and Fri night and being busy on the weekends with worship prac and service.
- But yea, cognitively I’ve been fine.
- Went up, then took a dip in the middle of the week before ending the week on a high. More on this in other sections.
- Had the opportunity to meet Valkyrie for a short good chat on Monday, followed by an unexpected meeting with 2.0 for dinner on Tues/Wed evening. Unfortunately no meetings with Priestess or Pajamas.
- [BGR]: Sometimes hearing the relationship problems of others…it’s nice, I guess? Or rather, one thinks ‘yea, these problems are there. But they don’t seem to outweigh the pros of being in a r/s if one’s found the right person so…’.
- To put it in context, I was hearing what a friend told me and my first thought (which was vocalized) was ‘that must be nice…’ with maybe just a hint of envy. Maybe.
- Grass always greener, perhaps. And r/relationships has plenty of examples about how relationships can be really problematic. Maybe I’ll change my tune when I’ve got to deal with these problems myself – true.
- But I still think (for me, at least), it’s better for a person to be in a relationship than not. Over many years, a guy that’s been in a relationship learns to give up and live for someone or something other than himself (his partner or children). And that makes him more matured and loving than someone who’s been single the whole time and would likely find it more hard to sacrifice for someone other than himself.
- This particular answer from Quora is something I totally agree with. Being in one’s 20s seems like it extends forever, yet it too will qucickly pass, so it would be prudent to start laying the foundations for a good 30’s and 40’s when children come along (of course, one still has to find a partner before that can happen).
- Anyway, yea. The start of the week was difficult since I was reminded of loneliness after seeing so many couples on campus (or maybe I’m just more sensitive to something I feel is desirable and/or am lacking in), but it slowly got better towards the end of the week.
- How did it get better? Well primarily because of how the week ended.
- I had been doing my QT and the two themes for Thursday and Friday were about reconciliation and healing respectively. So I was like ‘so God…who exactly do I need to be reconciled to? And what’s this healing thing about?’
- I don’t usually read the army magainze that’s regularly sent on a monthly basis. But this time I did, because it seemed interesting. Flipped open and saw Guinevere in one of the photos, unexpectedly.
- And so after much agonizing, prayer and thought, I re-opened communications to Guinevere after going no contact for a year.
- The conversation wasn’t very long, but I was glad that it was had all the same. On Saturday, I was finally able to put something that had lurked at the back of my mind to rest..which was something that I had written about twice.
- So going forth…it feels like I had a strange time warp of two years. From army till a soph, and lots of crazy stuff happened in between. But I’ve learned, grown and became wiser, hopefully at least by a bit. And made some new friends along the way.
- ‘There is no spoon.’ A common interpretation of this is that by changing the way a person thinks (“Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it” – sounds familiar?), they’re able to change what they do and potentially the world around them. But if they keep focusing on the world around them and not the way they think, then they can’t do much.
- I feel that’s somewhat relevant to what I’ve learned from this whole thing. Sometimes the past…it is what it is, and one goes on from there. This quote: ‘At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.’ shows a bit more maturity, and it’s something I agree with.
- So yea. A strange series of circumstances (one might even call it divine plans) led/let me reconcile with someone from the past. That was a major spiritual high for me.
- Character improvements
- Not much made, unfortunately.
- Practiced a bit of guitar, but nothing much.
- Random thoughts
- There should be a new kind of pizza with wasabi on it. I don’t like wasabi, but they can call it ‘WasaBizza’ or ‘WasaPizza’.
- Week ahead
- 2 more essays to clear before finals begin…
- Prayer for upcoming Week
- That I’ll make good use of time given to…yea. Get work done.
- And to start anew – fresh and ready for the world 🙂