A blehy week =.=
I tend to type these things on Sunday night instead of Friday night (which in retrospect makes it a bit more comprehensive since it includes stuff that happened on Sat and Sun) so I think I’ll continue it for the future.
How I’ve been…
- Blehy. Tired. And all.
- Monday through Friday was a busy week. Had a couple of good meetups that were too short, and the days just seemed to turn to grey.
- Went to sleep early (1:30am) on Sat night since I was supposed to play for service on Sunday (today). Tossed and turned – couldn’t sleep. This didn’t seem normal so I woke up at 6:20am and took my temperature – 37.8.
- That’s how I ended up trying to fight a fever today =.=
- Because of said illness and such, haven’t been doing push-ups for the past three or four days. Will slowly resume when I’ve recovered.
- Tired. It’s hard to focus on one’s readings when one has a fever. Abstract ideas just don’t seem to click and even reading “light material” that isn’t brain intensive such as Rocketnews or Reddit seems to take more energy than I have.
- It’s been mostly flat until Wednesday, then went up on Thursday, then was okay until Saturday and now it’s like bleh today (due to sickness).
- Okay. Sometimes I didn’t feel like socializing when I’m tired, but it’s alright if it’s not for too long.
- [Special Section: BGR] – Didn’t really register on my mind this week significantly. Most days I seem to just be passing by…
- It’s been challenging. But one step at a time helps.
- I guess one thing that God’s shown me is that there are consequences for everything. One can be forgiven, but there are still things that will happen.
- In this context, I viewed the fever coming on the exact day I was supposed to serve in church as a little too coincidental. Maybe it’s one too many late nights, maybe it’s because I’ve not been as focused on God as I should’ve been. And so actions have consequences, which I’m going through now >.<
- An insight when talking with a couple of people in my CG though, about whether God helps those that help themselves – “Think of it as a partnership. You do your part but you also acknowledge that you gotta wait for God to do His part too, whether it’s in self-improvement or about something.”
- Character improvements:
- Nothing much here…patience is one word that popped out, but I tend to equate patience with ‘not doing anything.’
- Hence the question which I asked and the answer in 5.4.
- A bit of fun playing CS:GO on a few nights, but no progress made on other hobbies.
- Random thoughts:
- One doesn’t appreciate how important health is until they lose it.
- It sucks being sick. You’re perpetually kept awake because it’s hard to sleep, yet you can’t focus on anything (whether it’s work or games) because of your illness.
- The first person that one thinks of when they’re sick is probably someone that they have a deep connection with, or wish they had a deep connection with.
- Bleh that I had a couple of meetups scheduled for next week but had to cancel them due to my illness. Oh well.
- Let’s not make this mistake again.
- Week ahead:
- Week 8 begins. One essay due in Week 9, couple of essays that need to be done and basically I’m super behind time in readings and all.
- Will have to keep up despite being sick. Painful, but consequences to actions.
- Prayer for upcoming week:
- Recovery from said illness – that fever will break soon and I have a complete recovery.
- Strength to sit through lectures and tutorials despite being sick.
- Wisdom to clear necessary readings despite having a headache.
tl:dr – don’t fall sick.